HexaLock DVD protection software works with the PC connected Zeus systems (can not use in standalone mode). Available upon request for no extra charge! There are two separate components to the HexaLock DVD protection software (1) HexDVD-DATA and (2) HexDVD-Video.
Each New Master DVD (ISO image) will cost a licensing fee $115. From the PC you created the Master DVD (ISO image) on you may make as many copies from this master on the Zeus Publisher as you wish.
HexDVD-DATA secures your software against:
Duplicate the original DVDR - the copy will not work and the software will ask for the original Media. No DVD burner/software combination is physically able to write the mass manufactured unique signature.
Copy the DVDR to the hard disk - the program will not work if the original DVDR was not at least once in the drive (you can decide to check for the original always, once or at certain times)
Emulate the original DVDR - the protected program will request the original media if run from an emulated drive.
Cracking and distributing cracked versions - HexDVD-DATA uses highly sophisticated anti-cracking technology that does not only prevent generic cracks (like competitors do) but also makes individual cracks extremely hard. In fact, no HexDVDR-DATA version was ever broken.
Algorithm theft is almost impossible since the programs will be encrypted and debugging is securely disabled.
From the users perspective HexDVD-DATA is a preferred choice because of:
- Very fast protection detection - the signature check is only a matter of seconds.
- 100% transparent check - the user is not required to enter an individual code.
HexDVDR-Video effectively protects DVDs against:
- Duplicate the complete DVD by direct 1:1 copying - The copy program will either stop or take a very long time (multiple hours) to copy. The result will not play back in consumer and software players.
- Duplicate the complete DVD by file based copying - The copy program will either stop or take a very long time (multiple hours) to copy. The result will not play back in consumer and software players.
- Rip separate titles from the DVD HexDVDR-Video will protect one title on the disc against ripping (typically the main movie) - trying to rip this will result in a very long ripping time (multiple hours) and distorted video.
- Emulate the original DVD - not possible, because ripping programs will not create a valid image.
- Professional piracy through mass replication is much harder (* although with good equipment possible - we don't believe any other claim from competing products)
From the users perspective HexDVDR-Video is a preferred choice because of:
Very fast protection detection and almost 100% compatibility - the signature check is performed in virtually no time. Since the structure of the movie is 100% compatible with the DVD-Video specification almost no compatibility issues are introduced.
100% transparent check - until trying to copy the user is not aware of the protection
No need for any special handling since the whole process is done in house.