SENDING US THE JOB.
• You can supply art on disc, or film.
FILM SPECS: 120 LINE SCREEN, EMULSION UP, FILM POSITIVE
Acceptable print areas: Between the two diameters 118mm and 18mm.
• The area of the CD between diameters 40mm and 46mm (the “ID ring”) has some light identifying numbers on it. Type or logos printed over this area may be hard to read, unless there is a background behind them that covers these light identifying numbers.
• Artwork between diameters 18mm and 35mm is over a clear plastic that is different from the rest of the CD. Color can be minimized with a solid white background printed behind it can help.
DO NOT INCLUDE...
• DO NOT INCLUDE KEYLINES (lines showing the border of a printable area) unless you want them to appear on the finished CD.
• DO NOT INCLUDE ANY BLEEDS.
• DO NOT INCLUDE A CENTER MARK.
TYPE / LINE SIZES...
• LIMITS OF TYPE SIZES: For best results, avoid using very thin or very small type (below 6 pt.), especially if it is to be reversed.
• MINIMUM LINE WIDTH: 1/2 PT. (0.15 mm)
for REVERSES: 1 PT. (0.30 mm)
• TRAPPING SPECS: 1/2 PT. (0.15 mm)
• MINIMUM EMULSION DENSITY FOR LINE ART: 3.5
FOR HALFTONES: 4.0
COLOR AND IMAGES.
• INK COLORS: Please indicate the PMS or process ink color on each film. Lighter inks will print first.
• For best results, avoid screen values under 15%. They tend to print even lighter. Also, photographs will look better over a solid white background than over the plain silver disc.
• 4-Color Printing: If supplying film, please provide a color proof of the film. If you would like a white background as a 5th color, please provide the solid background film. Avoid screen values under 15%.
KNOCKOUTS and THE COLOR “WHITE”...
• Anything that appears white will end up being the color of the CD (silver). To specify something to print as white, make it 100% of a process color or a PMS color, and include a note on the document. (For example: Magenta=WHITE INK)
Quark or Illustrator electronic templates maybe available please enquire.
Deviations from these specifciations may result in additional charges.
Please call if you have any questions
818-709-5053 or 800-260-5053.
Specs subject to change without notice.